Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. is an international provider of software and combined hardware and software products for IT security, including network security, endpoint security, data security and security management.
As of 2014 the company had approximately 2,900 employees worldwide. Headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel, the company has development centers in Israel, California (ZoneAlarm), Sweden (Former Protect Data development centre), and Belarus. The company has offices in the United States, in San Carlos, California, in Dallas, Texas, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and Sydney Australia.
Check Point offers the following primary products:
- Network Security – Check Point’s core business has historically focused on network security components including Firewall, IPsec VPN, Mobile Access, Intrusion Prevention, Antivirus, Anti-spam and Email security, URL filtering, Data Loss Prevention, Anti-Bot and Application Control. Check Point provides these components as individual products called Software Blades or combined in one of their bundle offerings: Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), Next Generation Threat Prevention (NGTP), Next Generation Data Protection (NGDP) and Next Generation Secure Web Gateway (NGSWG). These products are deployed as software on x86-based hardware made by third parties including BlueCoat (formerly Crossbeam), Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Fujitsu, or by Check Point.
- Software Defined Protection – Software-defined protection enables organizations to design and deploy a modern security infrastructure that is modular, flexible, secure, and is applicable across networks, hosts, and mobile and cloud environments. Software-defined protection describes enterprise security architecture in the context of three inter-connected layers, the Enforcement Layer, the Control Layer, and the Management Layer.
- Public and Private Cloud Security – Check Point Virtual Appliance for Amazon Web Services protects Amazon public cloud with Check Point software blade protections. The Security Gateway Virtual Edition product protects private clouds and virtual environments. It runs on VMware ESXi servers and inspects traffic between virtual machines and hosts by integrating with the hypervisor using VMWare NetX API. Check Point also integrates with OpenStack to defend the emerging cloud infrastructure against threats.
- Data Security – VPNs, access controls, and the DLP security gateway secure data-in-motion and data-in-use. Check Point Document Security protects data-in-use. Full Disk Encryption, Media Encryption and Port Control secure data-at-rest on endpoints.
- ThreatCloud – Released April 2012, ThreatCloud® is a collaborative network to share security intelligence between organizations all over the world. ThreatCloud collects its data from a global network of security enforcement points, research, community feeds and other industry feeds. By sharing information between organizations globally, ThreatCloud provides immediate protection to all organizations as soon as a new attack gets detected. To date, ThreatCloud has 250 million+ addresses analyzed for bot discovery, created 11million malware signatures, and detected 3 million+ malware-infested sites. Data collected and analyzed by ThreatCloud is automatically distributed as security protections on subscribed customers’ security gateways.
- ThreatCloud IntelliStore – Released May 2014, ThreatCloud® IntelliStore is a marketplace that provides access to a wide variety of threat intelligence data that can be selected according to an organizations’ needs. Some of the vendors that provide threat intelligence to ThreatCloud IntelliStore today include, iSIGHT, CrowdStrike, IID, NetClean, PhishLabs, SenseCy and ThreatGRID. Using the ThreatCloud infrastructure, threat data from the intelligence store gets passed on the security gateways in real-time as well.
- Virtual Systems – Check Point’s Virtual Systems technology enables consolidation of up to 250 security gateways into one single hardware platform. Virtual Systems can be deployed on any gateway or can be pre-configured and packaged on Check Point Virtual System Appliances.
- Endpoint Security – a single security agent that combines firewall, antivirus, anti-spyware, full disk encryption, removable media encryption, protection of I/O ports such as USB, network access control, and a VPN client. The security policies for networked endpoints can be centrally managed from a single location via the Endpoint Policy Management Software Blade product.
- Mobile Security – Check Point Mobile Access software provides secure access to corporate resources via a SSL VPN portal for devices such as laptops, mobile phones, and tablet PCs.
- Security Management – Allows administrators to manage events, set policy and apply protections across the entire security infrastructure from a single interface. Based on the Software Blade architecture, with 11 management software blades including event analysis, correlation, multi-domain security management, and device provisioning. a good access point